Monday August 7th 2017, 12:27a
12:27am: Sami is watching "Family Guy" again after a long day at work. Lots of overtime this week. You can hear what I think is Lois say "I'll try" and Casper shoots up from the center left of the screen towards the middle top of the screen.
https://youtu.be/O9nfyH25cTA
This week I had a long conversation with a good friend of mine, who is, what we'll call, "the haunted house guy". Not only did he have haunted houses every year for all his neighbors to enjoy, handing out tons of candy to anyone who dared to enter the home he and a few of his friends, decorated with so much forethought and ingenuity, you need to know, it took him 3 months to set it up every year. Mind you, his only intent was to scare the meek, the young, and the old and weary every Halloween night. Though the haunted house guy, along with his merry men, no longer have their haunted house (thanks to the city Phoenix) they all go to Knott's Scary Farm religiously every year, just because it's fun. Someone who thoroughly enjoys the fright, the scary, the mysterious, the unknown I thought for sure would embrace Casper for the spirit that he is, so I shared my blog with him expecting thrill and excitement. I expected jumps for joy for we have a real live ghost amongst us. Well, it didn't go quite like I had planned. The haunted house guy doesn't believe in ghosts. What??? Are you kidding me? I guess he only likes the idea of ghosts and tried feverishly to debunk Casper. He said Casper is a bug. Well, he's not a bug. No bugs flying around that we could see. Especially ones as big as what we see on some of the videos. In fact, we had bug guys come out a couple of weeks ago. Nada. He suggested we turn a light on and we'd see the "bug" fly around the light because that's what they do. Well we did, and Casper just went where he wanted to go and it wasn't the light. And how come we can see everything in the rooms clearly via the infrared except for this "bug". Sometimes he goes slow, sometimes fast. Well, haunted house guy, you're missing out on something really special with Casper. Something I still am not able to explain, though I am open to ANY explanation that makes sense. For someone who is into ghosts and goblins, your adamant skepticism really surprised me. But I still love you, and Casper is real.
Comments
Post a Comment